Sunday, October 12, 2008

Autumn







I love Autumn!! I hate the summer heat, so when Fall finally arrives I get soooo happy! (Or is it because school starts? I'm not quite sure!) I was so excited to move back East eight years ago after having lived in Utah for five years. There are a few trees in the Beehive state that do turn colors, but there is nothing like Fall here in the Shenandoah Valley! I feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful place!
One of our favorite things to do here in the Autumn is visit the local farms and orchards. Saturday, we were invited to a party at Hill High Farm in Winchester. There the kids were able to take a hayride, pick pumpkins and apples, play on tractors and pet the farm animals. It was crazy and tons of fun!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Little Ellie! Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm now a follower of your blog and will comment faithfully . . . I expect the same in return!

Lisa said...

Hey, this is Lisa Hallstrom from the good 'ole Elmira Ward. The east is so pretty in the fall. I miss it! Hope your family is doing well. Your kids are cute!

Mary said...

Cute new background! And you have music too, I'm impressed (I also really like that song). And I learned something new from you today about blogging-- didn't realize I could "follow" my own blog! Now I'll have 3 followers!

Sarah Vertner said...

We are experiencing fall in Oregon (which btw, I'll never forget that YOU taught me to pronounce Orygun correctly!) but it just isn't quite the same. We have yellow and orange and brown, which are pretty, but not so much of the brilliant reds. I haven't been to the Shenandoah Valley in the fall, but I bet its fantastic!